Tic-Tac-Toe with Words
Tic-Tac-Toe is a good review of concepts and vocabulary.
- On the board, draw a tic-tac-toe grid. In each box write a vocabulary word.
- Split the class up into two groups. (Team "X" and Team "O").
- Ask the teams to pick one person each to be their Speakers.
- Taking turns, ask each Speaker to call out a vocabulary word on the grid.
- The Speaker's team has to give a quick definition of the word. If they are correct, write an "X", for Team "X", or an "O" for Team "O" in the box.
- The object is to form a line of "Os" or "Xs" just
like tic-tac-toe to win.