Welcome to K-5 Geosource, the one-stop professional development web site for Earth science! If you are involved in elementary science education in any way, this Web site is for you. The site has a rich store of content, activities, services and links for you to explore, but this is only the beginning. We encourage you to come back often and tell us what you think.
- Content answers your "how" and "why" questions about earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, and other topics in the Earth sciences.
- Activities provide ideas for Earth science lessons and stimulating classroom activities that supplement those lessons.
- Assessment gives you the tools to evaluate student learning and tailor instruction to meet your students' identified needs.
- Careers provide information and vignettes describing the many exciting career opportunities available to your students in the geosciences.
- Resources include links to additional educational resources in the geosciences.
- Training provides information on professional development opportunities for Earth science educators.
- Research helps you to understand more about how children learn science.
- Online Courses improve your teaching and increase your geoscience content knowledge.
Use the links on the left to navigate the major sections of the site. Join the adventure of exploring Earth science through K-5 GeoSource.